Eyüp Salih / Macedonia, Aug 31 () - In Struga town located in southwest of Macedonia, the 54th International Poetry Evenings hosted three poets from Turkey, along with 44 poets from 29 different countries across the world such as Germany, Japan, U.S. Spain, Sweden and India.
From Turkey, along with the world-renowned Alevi-Kurdish author and columnist Bejan Matur, Metin Celal and İsmail Kılıçarslan participated to the events.
While poets across the world, along with famous authors from Turkey, performed their poems once more within the closure ceremony of the festival, poet İsmail Kılıçarslan told, “As poetry emerges across the world, get into a circulation, and boost its voice, I believe that the sound of evilness and war would be lowered”.
- Bei Dao tree planted in the opening ceremony
- Footage from the opening ceremony
- Speech of Ministry of Culture Elizabeta Kançeska Mileska
- Bei Dao performs
- Turkish poet Metin Celal performs
- Mersiha Şükrü plays harp
- Bejan Matur performs poems at closure ceremony
- Speech of İsmail Kılıçarslan at closure ceremony