Istanbul, July 31 () - Turkey's tourism income, the main contributor to ease the current account balance of the country, fell by 13.8 percent in the second quarter of the year, against in the same period of last year, as security concerns arise in the country.
Tourism income fell to 7.7 billion dollars in the second quarter, which was at 4.9 billion dollar in the firs quarter, 86.7 percent of which came from foreign visitors and the rest 13.3 percent came from citizens resident abroad.
Average expenditure of the visitors was 719 per capita in this quarter, while average expenditure of the foreigners was at 691 per capita and average expenditure of the Turkish citizens resident abroad was at 921 per capita.
In this quarter number of departing visitors decreased by 2 percent compared to same quarter of previous year and declined to 10.8 million, 89.6 percent or 9.6 million were foreigners.
In this quarter number of Turkish citizens visited abroad increased by 20.6 percent compared to same quarter of previous year and reached to 2.5 million with an average expenditure of 627 dollars per capita.